Shara Terry, Real Estate Professional with Keller Williams Sonoran Living

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Nobody is Sad When They're Eating Mac'n Cheese

 
"Food is the most primitive form of comfort." 
- Sheila Graham

One of my favorite comfort foods is macaroni and cheese, and I would wager it's true for thousands of Americans! Maybe your favorite food is something different, but everyone has something they reach for when they just want to eat to feel satisfied. When I say satisfied, I also mean emotionally satisfied. Movies and popcorn, backyards and barbecues, birthdays and cake... We associate good times with good food. Calories, carbs, and nutrients step aside -- sometimes all we want is to dig into a dish that reminds us of how good life is!

My favorite places to get macaroni and cheese are right in my own neighborhood of Arcadia. The cozy and modern Chelsea's Kitchen serves Baked Mac'n Cheese that's simply delicious. I also go to The Vig for their aptly named Holy Mac and Cheese and patio seating. The Vig describes themselves as "sleekly designed but infinitely comfortable" and I will vouch for that! (They also get extra points for having Cheesy Tater Tots. Talk about comfort food!)

I'm loyal to my old hangouts for my go-to comfort food, but I'm always on the lookout for exciting, new restaurants. In Arcadia, there is never a shortage of cool places to eat. The Henry, Steak 44, and The Market by Jennifer's are a few places where I plan on finding some great new dishes. O.H.S.O Eatery and Brewery, Chestnut Fine Food and Provisions, and Flower Child also recently opened in our neighborhood. I know I've probably missed a few, but that only goes to show how abundant our supply of fantastic new businesses is!

Needless to say,
love living in such a vibrant, enriching neighborhood. Arcadia is not just a place to live. It's a place to eat as well! Here's to comfort food and the places that make it!
 
http://thevig.us/
http://www.chelseaskitchenaz.com/
http://iamaflowerchild.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment